Monday, November 11, 2013

Number 15

Sweet talk will get you nowhere...

Especially if the Attending is in a foul mood.

Overheard during a discussion turned ugly about opening up an area for overflow in the ED.

Attending:  "Hey charge nurse help me help you, how long does it take to open up those other beds? I know you have staffing, all the midshift nurses came in, I saw them. It's been an hour."

Charge Nurse: "Don't worry about it sugar I got it covered."

Attending: "First off I am NOT YOUR SUGAR. I AM THE ATTENDING PHYSICIAN AT A LARGE URBAN HOSPITAL! Do I have to get the manager and house supervisor involved because you cannot handle opening up a few more assignments? You nurses are all over my people (residents) about moving patients and now you're screwing around. OPEN THE ASSIGNMENTS!"

Charge Nurse: *tearing up & voice cracking* "Yes doctor I'll do that right now."

The assignments opened up in the next 15 minutes. Later in the shift this same male attending physician found a small bottle of Midol in one of his coat pockets. This Crusty ER Tech may or may not have had something to do with it. He was not pleased and his wrath was unpleasant to say the least even though he had no clue who did it.

Never piss off an Attending Physician even further when he has a case of the ass.

It was the best use of five or so bucks that day. We all had a good laugh out of it anyways.






No comments:

Post a Comment