Monday, January 6, 2014

Twenty One

New years eve...

Yeah yeah I realize I'm a little behind on the holidays. Here are my top five reasons I will try with all my power to never work another night shift NYE again. These have been accumulated over the years.

5) Party girl with a standing drunk fall from some tall heels, who decides that she cannot wait to go to the bath room and hikes up her skirt and urinates in the hallway 10 feet from the bathroom. No fractures from xr.

4) One year we ran out of geodon and haldol.

3) Co-workers who disappear at midnight to run out to the chopper pad to watch fire works despite trauma activations coming in through the ambulance bay.

2) It's one of the 3 acknowledged "rookie nights" of the year. The others being the Super bowl and St. Patty's day.

1) At the end of shift every patient on the board has ETOH level of at least 0.15.


I have been fortunate that my schedule has allowed me to miss NYE of the last few years. you can only be so lucky with the schedule for so long.




No comments:

Post a Comment