Monday, November 17, 2014

Forty Two


We've been getting a lot of EMT students through BCH as of late. For the most part they have been wall flowers with a sprinkling of capable ones and the occasional "I'm getting ready for med school and thought this would help me prepare" types. No one listens when I tell them that being an assistant manager or manager at a subway would pay more and that you'd only receive only about half of the abuse.

Alas my pleas for career change fall onto deaf ears of the phalanx of EMT students we see now. The wall flowers make me wonder how they get trained then I saw this video and I think I get it.

Not saying that my particular training was magnificent. My instructor got fired at the 11th hour because he made a racy banana joke to the wrong student. Fear not as long as I am the Crusty ER tech BBCOD will live on. That was a damn long time ago in a land far far away from where I am now.

If you're reading this and you're just starting out take the classes seriously. Also keep in mind to have some damn fun. The job is tough enough even with the humor.

In case you CNA or nursing types are in here looking I'll answer your question with a YES this is how EXACTLY how EMTs and Paramedics are trained. And if you believe that then I got a certain bridge or some beach front property in a land locked state that I can sell you.

Seriously consider working at subway. I hear that employees only pay 10% of the actual cost of a sandwich.




No comments:

Post a Comment